Tuesday, October 7, 2008

DIY Aisle Runner - Pineapple Edition

Like many of my fellow bees before me, Penguin, Cookie, and Spring Roll, I too made a DIY aisle runner. I bought a "deluxe fabric aisle runner" from ebay for $20. I was hoping it was a but more deluxe than it was. It is fabric, but it is kind of a stiff fabric. Like napkins at Ruby Tuesday, not paper but not quite fabric either.
I used a light table to trace the monogram I created in Adobe Illustrator. The light table probably wasn't necessary, but it made the job go pretty quickly.
I then used Liqutex Basics acrylic copper paint and filled in the lines. It took a couple hours and a couple layers of paint, a bit longer and more than I anticipated.
I made sure to keep the paint thick so you could see the brush strokes.

Have you also jumped on the DIY aisle runner band wagon?

No comments: