Monday, December 1, 2008

Timmy and Shannon Wed: The Ceremony

Let me start off by saying I am not a wedding photographer. I studied photography for 8 years, but a minor in college (after choosing design over photography) was the most that really came of my passion. This summer my former professor, whose work you have seen in our engagement photos, e-mailed me and asked if I would be interested in photographing a wedding. Timmy had contacted her looking for cheap labor and I was her recommendation. The wedding was stunning and the bride and groom were amazingly sweet. They were a true DIY couple, with the groom doing a lot of the design work. So, I would love to share with you their inspirational Pittsburgh wedding.

The day began at the apartment of Shannon's cousin, where the bridal party met and Shannon got ready.Shannon wore a stunning gown that looked simply amazing on her.For her shoes, Shannon chose simple gold ballet flats:
Shannon taking one last look in the mirror as she opens a card from her soon to be husband.
It was a typical late fall Pittsburgh day, wet and windy.
The bridesmaids all wore a black dress of their choice.
The church was beautiful, with light streaming in from stained glass windows.
The ceremony was sweet and romantic. I was lucky that the ceremony was long, giving me a lot of time to take photos from every angle I could imagine. This was by far the most stressful part of the day for me. I was worried about the photos turning out when it was so dark and stressed about capturing every important moment.

After the ceremony the families gather for some portraits and the groom sat down for a minute to take it all in.
Have you ever been asked to play a major role in a wedding? You know, other than being the bride :)

No comments: