Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Next Best Thing to Getting Married...

is finally getting my hair cut!

I, like many brides, have been "growing my hair out for the wedding." When I was little my hair was baby fine. At age six my mom and our hair-cutter at the time, thought it would be good to cut off all my hair and see if it grew back any thicker. Well, it did. But, for years I had this awkward mullet growing out thing going on. I wish I had a photo to share, but they are all in Florida and asking my mom to use a scanner would probably stress her out far more than it is worth, right mom? ;)

Well, when it finally grew out and decided on it's final texture. I ended up with sort of curly, sort of straight, always frizzy, very thick hair. In order to have some control over my head I blow dry and straighten my hair every day. So, it has been 15 months since the last time I had my hair cut. 15 months worth of heat damage does not look so pretty, in fact it looks a little like this:

Now it is a little extreme to go all this time without even a trim, but I keep having nightmares that I chop off all of my hair (all of it) a couple days before the wedding and I cannot bring myself to have it cut. In addition to heat damage my hair is this variation of a ruddy brownish color from dying it burgundy for over a year. I have finally made an appointment to get my hair cut and colored as well as a wedding day trial for September 13th (the day of my shower).

Until then, does anyone have any great product suggestions I can use to bring some life back to my head?

No comments: