Wednesday, September 3, 2008

"Back to Daaaavid's Briiiiidal" (singsong!)

Yesterday I had scheduled what was hopefully to be my final fitting at David's Bridal. You may remember it have been a bit of a prickly journey. Dress shopping was great! My first fitting was extremely traumatic. My second fitting was such a relief. And my fitting yesterday?

Perfect.

Okay Mr. Pineapple, no reading beyond this point...

The head seamstress was once again at my side making sure there were no more mistaken 1.5 inch additions. Not only that, but my mom was with me. What a difference that made! I was almost sick to my stomach with nerves all morning that the dress would not fit (even though it fit with room to spare last time). My mom though, she gets it. In fact, she may be the one who taught me to worry in the first place. So, we went without food all day until after the fitting. Why? Because I had to loose 60 pounds in 3 hours of course...just in case! Just kidding (sort of, I really couldn't bring myself to eat, but I am not hoping to/expecting to loose weight).

When we arrived at David's a half hour early the store was practically empty. Mom Pineapple and I headed to the alterations area and they handed my my gown. It was pressed, it was embroidered, it was completely unaltered other than the bustle, it was perfect.

I slipped into the gown, my mom zipped it up and voila! I even stuck my fist down the front of the gown to make sure it still did not need to be taken out an inch and a half. (There is a good chance I will be doing that every time I have my gown on now, just to make sure.)

Really, it could not fit better. The waist is just snug enough to support the boning and boobage sector. The top is just loose enough to wiggle around.

Do you get as nervous putting your gown on as I do?

No comments: