Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Wedding in a Week: The Dress

For our second first wedding I wanted to get a different dress for a couple of reasons. First, I wanted "the dress," that has been the dress all along, to still be a surprise for Mr. Pineapple in October. Secondly, my original dress was just too fancy for our new location of either a court house, back yard or hospital chapel (still to be determined).

Sister Pineapple was flying in town the day before my bridal shower so it was the perfect time to go dress shopping. We went into the same David's Bridal that has been the highs and lows of my relationship with my gown since the beginning. I explained to the sales associate that I needed an inexpensive gown that I could take home that morning. She was so very accommodating and lead my sister, mother and I to the $99 gown rack.

Okay Mr. Pineapple you know the deal, no more reading beyond this point.

And there is was. A tea-length all over lace gown in my size for $99. It was short, sweet and simple. In a word perfect.
It is a style from 2005 ( Galina T8627) so finding pictures was not easy. It looks a little different on me than the model above. It is a bit shorter and more a-line since my hips don't lie. We were in the store all of 20 minutes. Done and done. The best part about this dress is it is casual enough to wear for the rehearsal and dinner.

My veil would also look great with this dress. What do you think, should I hold off on wearing the veil until October or wear it for both weddings?

No comments: