Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Lost in a Sea of Shoes

I come from a family of large footed giants. I didn't inherit the tall genes, but this here pineapple has BIG feet. I wear a size 11 (which at least they sell in most stores) in "sock" shoes and I would be a size 10.5 in "sock-less" shoes, if they made 10.5. So, I usually end up with a 10 and have to spend some time breaking them in. Since I have always had big feet, I have also always had a hard time finding shoes that I like and that fit. This makes shoe shopping a dreaded task.

When it comes to shoes to wear on my wedding day I am lost. I would like something fun and unique, but I don't want to spend more than $50. I was thinking that copper shoes would be perfect, and this is what I have found so far:

I hate to say it, but these are all pretty ugly options. The wedge is ok, but not great. I also don't really want my toes peaking out anywhere.

On the other hand, I am seriously considering just wearing the cowboy boots that Mr. Pineapple bought me for my birthday. I wear these boots (or my black pair) every time I wear jeans, without fail. I love love love them. They are perfectly molded to my feet, they have a heel, I know I can wear them all day and they were a gift from Mr. P.

I was already planning on wearing them for the reception so I can get my cowgirl line dance on, but I am not sure they are "nice" enough to wear for the ceremony and photos.
As you can see, they are pretty well worn and I will probably wear them another 140 times before the big day. The tops of the boots are stained with the dye from my jeans.

So girls, I need your help.

**poll**
() Copper Heels
() Cowboy Boots
() I have an even better suggestion!

I defiantly welcome any suggestions you have for me, you all have such great ideas!

1 comment:

robert said...
This comment has been removed by the author.