Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My New Housemate!

Just 3 weeks after I purchased my gown from David's they called to say it had arrived! I went to the store with my Bridesmaid Katie to try on and take home my gown. (** Don't you dare click that link Mr. Pineapple **)

It was a size smaller than the one I had tried on in the store. When I first put it on it was too tight in the boobs. Luckily though, not way too tight. The dress has built in boning and such that allows you to go bra-less. Initially I thought I would feel really uncomfortable without a bra. However, one I took it off I couldn't even tell and the top of the dress fit perfectly. Loosing the bra (which went down to my hips) made the waist too loose, but nothing alterations cannot fix.

The dress ended up with a failing grade though. Katie noticed a light spot on the front of the dress. It look like some sort of discoloration in the fabric rather than a stain. So, David's said they would "fail the dress" and order me a new one.

I was worried that this was a sign of bad things to come. Since David's has such a poor reputation I assumed something would have to go wrong. However, they were super accommodating and said "of course we wouldn't want you to take a dress home that wasn't perfect!"

Two weeks later I got another call, that my new dress was in! I went solo this time to inspect it and pick it up and it was perfect!

After a 20 minute ride home in the passenger seat, my dress is now in my hands! I was worried, because that is what I do, that my dress would be somehow delayed or the order lost.

The only place I could hang it was on the back of the door to our guest room. Our closet is much too full and the guest room closet it too short. So there it hangs, at least for now.

Anyone else have a snafu with their first gown?

No comments: