Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Sketchbook Guest Book

I have been stumbling along the internet trying to think of a creative guest book. There are a lot of good and popular ideas that I like, such as the photo book, photo booth, wish tree/stones but I just can't decide on one that will be simple, cheap and easy for my guests to "get."

One idea I am kicking around is to do a Sketchbook Guest Book. I have always loved sketchbooks, since my days in art school. So many little pieces of art in one place.

{ image }

The plan would be to purchase a perfect bound book and cover it in copper flashing. Then along with pens next to the book I will have small pieces of paper, double stick tape and colored pencils. (I'll try to pick tidy craft supplies.) Then ask everyone to make a little drawing or doodle on the scrap along with their name and put it in the book with a glue stick.

What do you guys think? Will people be into it? Too messy, complicated, time consuming?

No comments: