Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Engagement Photos

I had many amazing professors while I was attending Carnegie Mellon, one of whom was photography professor, Charlee Brodsky. After graduating we worked together on the School of Design's newsletter, Re:View. Working with Charlee is always a wonderful experience. During our 8 months working on Re:View I lived in 4 homes with 5 different cats, a dog, several goldfish, and 4 different roommates. Also, I ran Mr Pineapple's car into a curb, followed by getting my first pair of glasses, and my first fiance. Charlee was there though it all and we got to know each other very well.

Engagement photos were not one of the things to make the tight budget, but Charlee said she "would love to take pictures" of Mr. Pineapple and I. She is amazing.

It was the dead of winter and Pittsburgh, not a great time for outdoor photos. Unfortunately, we never quite know when winter will end and I was anxious to have some photos shot so I could get to work on our save the dates. Luckily Charlee has a studio in her home. Studio photos are not common for engagement photos, but it is what we had.

She took a lot of photos of both of us as well as of parts of us. Charlee and I are going work together to put together some sort of composition of the images for the save the dates.

Here are some parts of Mr. Pineapple. He has a hard time not flashing his "cheese ball" smile, which is funny - sort of.

Here are some parts of me. I am so not used to being on this side of the camera.


The shot above was an accident, but it is one that really shows our personalities. I think Mr. Pineapple is dancing.

Mr. Pineapple and I are not very publicly affectionate so being romantic in front of Charlee and her camera wasn't going to happen easily. For the shot above Charlee said "Ok, now touch each other." Of course that is what first comes to mind for the Pineapples.

My cowboy boots. I can't remember the last time I had to tie my shoes and that is pretty great.

One of the few that we can give to our folks as "the newspaper shot"

Anyone else get lovely-dovey camera shy during their photo shoot?

No comments: