Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Save the Date - It's for real!

Mr. Pineapple and I finally put together our save the dates, using our engagement photos. I wanted to get them out a little sooner since most of the guests will be out-of-towners, but I think 6 months before is definitely still reasonable.

Lesson learned:
I made way too many of everything. I have a bunch of extra monogram magnets. After sealing all the envelopes I wish I would have put two magnets in each one. The cards are bigger than I originally envisioned and the magnets barely hold them onto the fridge. I am also worried that people will not realize there is a magnet in the envelope and they will get thrown out. An alternative would be to make stronger magnets, but it was too late for that one.

Here is the whole kit n' kaboodle:
The front:The Back: Originally I didn't want to put the words "save the date" anywhere on the card. I thought that "formal invitation to follow" would be enough and it was kind of redundant (and repetitious). However, even with it written on there, we have already had a couple people attempt to RSVP thinking it was the final invite. Here is a shot of how it (barely) works with the magnet. Hopefully, my friends and family don't slam refrigerator doors:

Organized chaos. I had a flashback to middle and high school when I did all of my homework and artwork on my bed or floor. Back then I didn't have cats trying to eat all of the pieces of paper from the back of the labels, nom nom nom nom.
Mr. Pineapple's task was to seal the envelopes and add the return address labels. We ended up going with the "Tiffany" stamps at the post office. The cream background was a perfect match and they are not as cheesy as the "wedding hearts." I love custom stamps (in fact we got a sheet of them from a friend as a gift), but they end up costing about twice as much.

Here are the return address labels:
Now I could have just purchased sheets of pre-perforated Avery labels, but no, I wanted them to be a certain size. So, again with the double-sided adhesive. I was also able to find another use for the pattern that will be appearing on our invites which is nice.

I printed out sheets of the labels on a desktop printer, applied the adhesive and trimmed them out. Here is the final product:
What should I do with all those extra magnets?

No comments: