Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Temporary Engagement Bling

My engagement ring was custom made to fit the diamond Mr. Pineapple picked out, so we had to send it away to have a wedding band made to match. This makes me sad. I have been without my ring for over 4 weeks now. You would think that being engagement ring free for 4 weeks after being engagement ring free for 23 years would not be so bad. I just love being engaged to Mr. Pineapple and having the ring remind me of how lucky I am every time I look at my hand.

So, I we to Claire's and got 2 sweet cubic zirconia rings for $6.50. I purchased 2 because they were all fairly ugly and because I wanted Mr. Pineapple to be able to have a hand in the choice. For a while, I wore the first one, but it felt kind of ridiculous. It is so big and there were definitely clouds in my stones.

Here is the first ring:It's huge! Look at the pseudo blang! My honorary bridesmaid Jacki said "oh wow, look how it has no sparkle!" She was obviously impressed.

Here is option number 2, smaller stones which is good but there are more of them:
This weekend we spent some time with folks we haven't seen for awhile. All the girls were excited to see my ring. At which point I had to go through the explanation of where my real ring is before they told me how beautiful the fake was. Both rings are too big, they spin and slide around. I cannot wait to get my ring back. It also feels weird to be wearing a ring that is so not me.

Did any of you brides to be have temporary engagement bling?

No comments: